change

Change

2:04:00 PM

It’s incredible how a person can change so much in the span of a year. At this time last year, I had just resigned from my job in events and I was getting ready to work in a bank (big leap, I know). But since then, I have actually resigned from the bank to join the country’s biggest ice cream company, and my life has turned upside down one too many times that I may already be permanently disoriented.

To be honest, I don’t really feel that I’ve changed much. It’s my friends who point out the differences. Just to be specific, those who notice are friends I haven’t seen, talked to or heard from in a while, and to them, the changes are way too obvious. When they tell me their observations, I don’t usually believe what they say - at least not immediately.

It takes time.
(image from the internet)
Eventually, though, I did end up agreeing with them after I’ve had time to process what they’ve said. And I find it funny how these people seem to know me better than I know myself. Perhaps it’s because they have a better view than I do.

Going back to change, I’ve been told that I’ve mellowed down. While I’m still perky and bubbly as ever, my friends pointed out that I’m significantly less argumentative. Although I still have strong opinions, I was told that I’ve grown a bit more “mature” in the sense that I don’t always feel the need to be right. Now, it would seem, the fact that I believe in something is enough. Just to be transparent, I wasn’t like this a few months ago. I fought every battle tooth and nail, even ones that didn’t really count. In the end, it cost me a lot - and I mean A LOT.
The inevitable
(photo from the internet)
But I guess the price I had to pay was a reminder that I needed to grow up. And although the process was a tad painful, it’s absolutely necessary and it’s ultimately what’s good for me. The “mistakes” I regretted turned out to be the opposite - they eventually became the right thing, not because they’re right per se, but because there is something to be learned from them. The fact that I picked up something from these so-called mistakes made making them right all along. It’s not our destination that matters - it’s the journey.

Funnily enough, a lot of us never get to where we originally intend to go, and yet we find ourselves right where we should be at the end of it all. And although I’m not entirely certain where I am right now (in the proverbial sense), I know I am where I ought to be, if only because I’m not in the same place as I was months ago.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)