books

Reading resolution/resurrection

3:48:00 AM

One of my resolutions this year is to read a minimum of one book per month. When I was still in school, 12 books a year was ridiculously easy for the following reasons: (1) I had so much free time because I didn’t really spend a lot of time studying, (2) I had access to one of the best libraries in the Philippines, and (3) I had a thousand schoolmates that I could borrow from or swap titles with.

I promise to read more.
(photo from the internet)
When I started working, however, my school library access was naturally revoked, and I didn’t really have the luxury of time to read all the books I wanted to read. And since I started my career at the bottom of the food chain, I didn’t really have a lot of money to spend on books. My reading habit pretty much took a backseat to real life for about a year or two after I left the protective walls of the university.

I’ve been working five years, and I am earning a little bit more than when I started, which means I can afford books occasionally. Paperbacks, yes, but books nonetheless. Some titles I got from second-hand bookstores, but there are those I actually saved up for. There are novels I got as presents for Christmas and/or my birthday, considerably adding to my collection. But I still borrow from friends when I can.

So anyhow, I’ve decided I’m going to read a minimum of one book per month starting now. And hopefully, at the end of the year, I would have at least twelve titles. If I’m lucky, there would be more.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)