dreams

No more excuses

4:58:00 AM

A lot of people are guilty of giving up on at least some of the things they want. Everyone has reasons why they give up or why they never even try in the first place, like not having enough time and/or money, physical weakness, feeling too old, fear, etc. I’m actually an even worse kind of person - I don’t let myself want things that I think is beyond my reach. I used to think that I’m just being a realist, that I’m being practical so I don’t set myself up for disappointment.

Go for it.
(photo from the internet)
And that is the very problem, folks. I’ve conditioned myself to believe that my dreams should be modest enough to ensure attainment. I do not have enough time and money. I am physically weak. I am not getting any younger. I am afraid. I had one too many excuses, so I limited the goals I set for myself because I didn’t want to fail.
Get a move on!
(image from the internet)
So now I want to change that. I’m going to let myself dream big again. No more excuses. In my previous post, I said that if you want something, you have to go for it, all pistons firing. I’m not letting anything get in the way. If it will hurt, I’ll take it. If it will require sacrifice, I’ll make it. If I fail, I’ll try again.

Below is my top-of-mind list:
  • Run the marathon.
  • Join a triathlon.
  • Write one song each month.
  • Play bass.
  • Make short films.
  • Start my own business.
  • Be financially stable.
  • Visit five new places in the Philippines each year.
  • Visit two new countries each year.
  • Buy a house in Dumaguete. 
Nothing is impossible anymore.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)