family

A sendoff for our little girl

11:58:00 AM

A little less than a year after I left, another member of my former team in Plantersbank tendered her resignation - Abi, our little girl. On the one hand, it's sad that people are leaving (myself included). But what I love about our department is we remained close. I've been gone for quite a while now, and yet I still feel very much part of the group. I miss them everyday.

Last Friday, we had a mini-sendoff for Abi. We went to Trellis, which was a stone's throw from my old office. Nothing fancy; it was just four friends, munching on good old fishballs while downing two bottles each of Cerveza Negra (Brian), Gilbey's Premium Strength with Green Tea Extract (Abi), Tanduay Ice (me), and San Mig Light (Olive).

L-R: Brian (a.k.a. Bosley) and Charlie's Angels - Abi, me, and Olive
Side note: I wanted to go to The Plantation, but the weather wasn't on my side. Which is a shame, because I badly wanted San Miguel's Apple-Flavored Alcoholic Malt Beverage, and that wasn't sold in Trellis. I wonder why they don't have it when it's so freakin' awesome.

The entire evening was spent talking. Trellis was a bit noisy, but that's a good thing because we didn't have to worry about people overhearing us. They told me about the APEC event, which was the last project I started working on before I resigned, and I'm happy to note that everything went well.

At the end of the evening, Olive, Abi and I agreed that we need to go on a roadtrip of sorts one of these days. The decision was unanimous: Tagaytay. Can't wait! :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)