beach

FTF / So little time, so many firsts

12:10:00 AM

Last February, the company I worked for staged its annual sales conference in Pico de Loro Beach and Country Club in Hamilo Coast, in Nasugbu, Batangas. On that trip, I had quite a number of firsts! One of them was eating at Leslie's in Tagaytay. Since we left the office at 3pm, we were still on the road by dinner time, so the company made dinner arrangements for us there. It's a restaurant famous for its yummy bulalo, which you will enjoy with a spectacular view of Taal Volcano. As they were serving our dinner, Danna, Janel and I had the mandatory photo op.

Me, Danna and Janel, right before dinner
My second first was the visiting Pico de Loro. We got there rather late, so we didn't get to see much, but the morning view was absolutely incredible. From our balcony, you could see the humongous man-made lagoon, the lush green mountains, and of course, the deep blue sea! The whole place was simply stunning. It was a great example on balancing human ambition with caring for nature.
Good morning! :)
Bad photo, but it's all I have. Sniff.
There were two swimming pools - one at the hotel, and one at the beach club, and of course I took a dip in both! I like the hotel pool better because it was rectangular, which made it easy for me to do some laps. But more than anything, I especially loved swimming in the beach! I couldn't go too far because of the jellyfish warnings, but it was still so much fun because I was with friends!
Girls having fun under the sun! :)
At the beach club's drop off area - Irish, Shaine, Danna, and moi
Another first was attending a sales rally. Although I've been working for five years, none of my previous jobs had such programs so I never really got to attend something like it. I found the whole experience quite inspiring, especially after hearing my boss's speech. He briefly shared the company's history; twenty years ago, it was a backyard business, and now it's a billion-peso business. He emphasized that it was the whole team that made it happen, and it made me so proud to be working here.
Danna, Janel, Irish, Darene, moi, Shaine at the Sales Con
Iconic Filipino rock band The Dawn played at the event! Although I frequently watched gigs when I was in college, it was the first time I got to watch The Dawn play live. They've been around since the early 90s, and yet they're still very awesome! I'd compare them to fine wine, the type that only gets better with age. Too bad I don't have a picture. Solenn Heussaff was there, too. She is the face of Magnum Ice Cream in the Philippines, so she graced the event and even performed two songs for us. Our other endorsers, Carmina Villaroel and her partner Zoren Legaspi, were also present. I've never seen them before, and I have to say that they're such a beautiful couple.

On the second day of the conference, my boss asked me to go with him to his vacation home in Punta Fuego, which was about thirty minutes away. He asked for my help to plan his 50th birthday party the following week, so we went to the house to prep. It was so beautiful and I fell in love with it instantly! The place was huge! He had a swimming pool, where you can take a dip while looking at the calm sea and the vast sky. There was a very big garden where the guests are to have their dinner.

The house is situated at the tip of the peninsula, atop a cliff. A level under the house is the lanai, and that's where we the party was since it had a bar. We basically re-arranged the modular furniture for the party, to allow people to mingle, to sit, to watch a video, and of course, to dance! And from the lanai, there was a stone stairway that led to the sea. Sadly, though, I was so busy with the party preparations that I didn't get the chance to swim. And I only got to take one photo! :(

I apologize, this photo does not give justice to the awesome view. Boo, me!
So there you have it, folks - seven firsts in one short trip! :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)