blog

MW / Marvie's sexy song (in progress)

12:08:00 AM

My ex-boyfriend-turned-friend, Marvie, is an insanely talented guitarist when he wants to be. He reminds me of Russell Hammond, the "guitarist with mystique" (of the fictional band Stillwater from the movie "Almost Famous"). He's tall, dark, handsome, and definitely mysterious. He's an absolute rockstar! :)

The days of long hair
Still a rockstar, albeit with much shorter hair
Although most of his influences are heavy metal groups like Metallica, he's versatile enough as an artist to play outside that genre. On one of our practice sessions with Familiar, he surprised us all with a jazzy tune that he put together just days before. We christened it "Marvie's Sexy Song." Someone in the band wrote lyrics, and they performed the song once. Sadly, though, no one kept a copy, and nobody recorded that performance, so the original song is lost forever.

I did, however, manage to keep a soundclip (keyboards only) recorded by Gershwin; I found it on my Multiply site. It's actually an inaccurate version of Marvie's Sexy Song, but it's still close enough to the original, especially the first part. I asked for Marvie's permission to use his melody to come up with a new song, and he agreed.

(Side note: We asked him if he'd like to join our band, but his work schedule is just impossible to work with. Besides, he said that he'd like for his next band to be a rock group, so this jazz tune won't exactly be useful to him anymore.)

So that's what I'm working on right now, and I've enlisted Gershwin to help me with it. I already have some ideas for the lyrics, but I'm relying on Gersh to help me polish it. Hopefully we finish it soon, so we can share it with the world! :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)