blog

FTF / Stakeout

12:00:00 AM

The weather has been quite horrible as of late. Forced by flooded streets to bail on work and just stay indoors, I had quite a lot of time in my hands. I couldn't bring myself to sleep for more than a couple of hours at a time; I was too afraid of the possibility of flooding. Whenever I did manage to doze off, it would start raining so heavily that the sound of the downpour just woke me up again.

I found myself in a stakeout with flood water as the subject, sans the surveillance van. I tried to prep the house in the event of a water invasion. I also spent a lot of time watching episodes of Suits, White Collar, and Mad Men, while writing on my journal, working on my vision board, and eating. I was trapped at home for three whole days when the monsoon rains hit the country, and I ate like a pig during that time.

Being bored and fidgety at the same time made me so hungry at 230am, so I decided to try to whip something up for a late midnight snack slash early breakfast. I opened a can of Century Bangus Fillet to go with the leftover rice from dinner, but I decided to make it a little bit more special, being trapped at home for the first time in my life. So I took out my favorite non-stick pan and got started.

Healthy options
Food almost always seems to taste better with hints of basil, a dash of chili powder and a teaspoon of Knorr Liquid Seasoning - the three things I love to cook with. Basil takes out the stench of the fish, chili powder gives it just the right kick, and the liquid seasoning adds the salty flavor base. Forgive me for blowing my own horn, but the finished product turned out quite good.
Wine goes well with everything
The meal was complemented by a glass of Two Oceeans Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot. While fish would normally go with white wine, all I had was red, and stepping out to grab a fresh bottle was not really an option. Besides, I've always been partial to medium-bodied reds, so it's all good.

As an added bonus, the wine did help me get three hours of restful sleep. When I woke up, though, the weather still refused to play nice, so I continued the water level surveillance. Good thing I still had half a bottle of wine for the remainder of the stakeout.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)