blog

HFT / A little bit of progress

12:00:00 AM

Before I started working out at Fitness First, I was skinny as a rail. My body was so small that my head looked so big! It wasn't nice to look at. My arms are too small, it's not even funny. I'm close to 5'4" - just a little bit taller than average Filipinas - but I weighed about 107 pounds. For my frame, the ideal weight range is 115 to 125 pounds. I was 18 pounds underweight.

While I know some people would kill to be as thin as I was, let me tell you now, it's not something anyone should want! There's a big, big difference between being skinny and being healthy, and people should always, always aim for the latter!

I had absolutely no exercise, and that's the reason I was so skinny. Add to that my nasty smoking habit, my eternal love for Burger King and junk food, and my erratic sleeping patterns. I wasn't strong enough to combat stress so I would often get sick - hence the uncontrolled weight loss.

My Fitness First membership became official last March 21, 2012, and I'm proud to say that I'm now significantly healthier. I'm still working on kicking my smoking habit, but at least now, I tip the scales at 115 pounds. I've increased my muscle mass, reduced my fat mass, and maintained my metabolic age.

The most significant improvement (and also the most obvious) would have to be my posture. Since I started working, I walked around like The Hunchback of Notre Dame! I have mild scoliosis, and I aggravated it by not being conscious of my posture. Now, I'm definitely more conscious, and I'm much stronger so keeping my back straight is easier.

Words to live by
(image from the internet)
I know I still have a long way to go. I still need to increase my muscle mass. I have to work on my stamina, and I have a big problem with balance. I also need to work on my mental resistance; I tapped out close to the end of two training sessions, and I'm not happy about that.

But I am comforted by the fact that I am far from where I started. And I intend to go much, much further.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)