blog

LT / Mr. Head debrief

12:00:00 AM

Back in college, I wrote a poem called Mr. Head. I don't remember the exact date when I penned this, but I do remember that I wrote this on a sunny afternoon in the lanai (garden) of my dorm. I smoked my favorite cigarettes as I let the words flow.

Well...
(photo from the internet)
The inspiration was my guy friend's so-called love story - a triangle. His relationship was nowhere near ideal; the girl was playing him and one other guy, but he couldn't let go. He was my friend, and it pained me to see him unhappy.

Writing this piece was cathartic, in a way. Obviously, this is meant to be a joke. Not everyone will agree that it's proper to write about the situation like this, but for what it's worth, even the subject found the poem funny.

It made the whole thing seem lighter than it is. A little less serious, a little more bearable. Sometimes, all we need is a good laugh to get us through the toughest of times.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)