blog

MW / Best soundtrack ever

12:30:00 AM

I am a huge fan of USA Network's original series, Suits. The show is now on its second season, and I have to say it's getting more and more intense! The ensemble cast, led by Gabriel Macht, is a dream team in every sense of the word. And Aaron Korsh is one incredible writer. But aside from the writing and the acting, it's the soundtrack that has really kept me hooked.

Do I look dapper?
(photo from the internet)
It's a good mix of songs from various genres, and I have to commend the guy who does the score because he gets it right every single time. Unfortunately, though, USA Network does not publish the official song list, forcing me to do research. Good thing there's a big community of Suits fans all over cyberspace, and I was able to get the tracks from various sources.

Below is the list of the tracks I have so far, and my absolute favorites are in boldface:


Greenback Boogie - Ima Robot (opening theme)
Ain't Nuthin' - Danny Lutz
Blank Pages - The Autumn Leaf
Blood Pressure - Mutemath
Bossa Per Due - Nicola Conte
Buscare - Si Se
Changing - The Airborne Toxic Event
Chapel Song - We Are Augustines
Citizen - Broken Bells
Coleen - The Heavy feat. The Dap-Kings Horns
Enter Through the Sun - Young Empires
Fitzpleasure - Alt J
A Fool No More - Eddie Hope and the Mannish Boys
Gaia - The Bees
A Gentle Awakening - JD McPherson
The Gentle Rain (RJD2 Remix) - Astrud Gliberto
Gold on the Ceiling - The Black Keys
Good Days Bad Days - Kaiser Chiefs
Got To Have Rock and Roll - Heartless Bastards
Grey Lynn Park - The Veils
Heartaches and Pain - Charles Bradley
Heaven's On Fire - The Radio Dept.
Holdin' On to Black Metal - My Morning Jacket
Houdini - Foster the People
How Long - Charles Bradley
I Don't Rate Your Man - Splitter
I Learned My Lesson - Willie Davis
Intro - The XX
Lady Jesus - The Asteroids Galaxy Tour
Love Like A Sunset (Part 1) - Phoenix
Not Just A Girl - She Wants Revenge
Oxford Comma - Vampire Weekend
Pa' Bailar - Bajofondo Tango Club
Perfect Day - The Constellations
Perfect Girl - The Stereotypes
Pumped Up Kicks - Foster the People
Running with Insanity - Alcoholic Faith Mission
Second Chance - Peter, Bjorn and John
Seven Bucks - Elizabeth Shepherd
Smoke and Mirrors - Gotye
Something's Changed - Sharon Jones and The Dap-Kings
Speaking of Happiness - Gloria Lynne
Strong Enough - The Heavy
Suffocation Blues - Black Pistol Fire
That Home - The Cinematic Orchestra
Time Go - Caught A Ghost
Want For Anything - Ernest Ellis
When They Fight, They Fight - The Generationals
Why Did We Fire The Gun - Waldeck
The World (Is Going Up In Flames) - Charles Bradley
Yeah - LCD Soundsystem
Yes! - DJ Center feat. Zaki Ibrahim
You're A Wolf - Sea Wolf

There are plenty of interesting choices here. To be honest, I didn't know a lot of these artists until now. Most are indie acts, and I will admit that part of the appeal is it's not mainstream (I'm not a big fan of pop). These songs add so much more character to the show, and they're definitely worth listening to. Enjoy! :)

[Side note: For the updated track list, click here.]

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)