blog

MW / Sixty one is the magic number

12:00:00 AM

A few weeks back, I wrote about the music of USA Network's hit series, Suits. I called it the best soundtrack ever, and for good reason. One of my favorite songs is Ain't Nuthin' by Danny Lutz. I scoured the internet for half a day to download a copy, and as a result, I stumbled upon The Sixty One, an incredible website for independent music acts.

A wealth of independent music
(image from the internet)
I don't really know how I can better describe the project, so I'll just copy the description on their website:

On thesixtyone, new artists make music and listeners decide what's good. We're nurturing a growing ecosystem where talented folks can sell songs and merchandise directly to their fans. Unlike a record or distribution deal where they only make $1-2 per album (if they ever get paid, that is), artists on thesixtyone make at least $7 per album and are paid every 30 days -- no wait for recoupment and no complex royalty schemes!

We're named after Highway 61, a U.S. route that runs along the Mississippi River and marks the origin of American music culture. Muddy Waters, Bob Dylan and B.B. King rode the 61. Elvis grew up in the housing projects along it. Highway 61 was the road by which people left their homes to take their music to the world.

thesixtyone, inc. was created in 2008 on the basis of yielding the highest annual dividend of auditory happiness for our shareholders across the universe.

You just need to buy credits so you can download the tracks you want. I purchased 1,000 credits for US$12.00, and so far I've only used 80 credits for Danny Lutz. I'm waiting for the Leftover Cuties' Game of Life to be available for download so I can get that, too. I've stumbled upon quite a number of talented musicians through this site, and I'm looking forward to hearing more. I'm also considering selling some of my songs there, but not soon. Haha!

Visit the site and explore new music! Enjoy! :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)