reflection

One of the boys

5:57:00 PM

A few days ago, one of my friends in the office - a guy - pulled me aside to tell me something. That something is actually about his sex life, and I do not intend to share any graphic details. The same day, in the evening, I met up with another guy friend. We've known each other for years, so he tends to overshare sometimes, and that's exactly what he did over pizza.

Those weren't isolated cases. I have a number of male friends that I'm quite close to, and I do get a lot of information that sometimes I wish I could unhear. I could swear that they sometimes see a man when they look at me, so they feel comfortable telling me things. It's both a good thing and a bad thing.

Not that hard to tell, come on.
(photo from the internet)
Good because I don't mind being a confidante; I appreciate being trusted by people even if it means being privy to things I'm not always comfortable knowing. I try to be a good friend to those who matter to me, and a listening ear is something I would readily offer. On my better days I may even throw in some sensible advice, if needed.

Bad because that makes me such a dude, and that makes me practically undateable, if there is such a word! I realized that while munching on my fifth slice of pizza - I've become a run-of-the-mill guy's guy. Without an appendage, high testosterone levels, or a beard, to name a few differences.

And while my friends don't mind that I'm one of the boys, I'm starting to wonder if that's a good thing. Because I'm such a dude, I'm never a guy's prospect. I'm always that girl to hang out and grab beers with, the harmless one. It's not a bad image, but it definitely has its drawbacks. It's not just guys who get friend-zoned, you know. And apparently, I'm getting friend-zoned all the time.

P.S. I talked to another office mate about this blog post. When I said, "I tend to be such a guy sometimes...", he cut me off by saying, "Isay, you ARE a guy." I've never felt so bad about being right. Haha!

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)