blog

LT / Pegs for my personal library

12:00:00 AM

My absolute favorite thing in my room is the bookshelf. It's a three-level unit that houses my meager collection of about forty paperbacks. This love affair with books and reading started when I was very young, and quite frankly, I don't think it will ever stop. I promised myself that when I buy a home in the future, one room will become a library. It doesn't have to be big, and I definitely don't need first editions.

I'm not particular with authors or genres for as long as I find them interesting. I don't buy books for the sake of buying; I buy to read. I frequent second-hand bookstores in my quest for reading materials, but I do occasionally induldge in hot-off-the-press titles, granted that there have been positive reviews and critical acclaim.

Cozy
(photo from the internet)
This shelf is awesome, don't you think? It reminds me of a honeycomb. I love how it defies the convention with diagonal spaces, giving storage just as much character as the books, themselves. I'm just not sure about the couch, though - I might replace it with a couple of lazy boys, or better yet, a study table.
Natural light
(photo from the internet)
For this one, I particularly like the window above the desk - ideal for reading, and very, very conducive to writing. I like workspaces with natural light, moreso if it has a nice view. This will be a great touch to an attic!  But I don't like the shelves, particularly the parts under the desk.

I'm sure there's a way to mesh the two designs to create the perfect library for me. But while waiting, I'm building my collection one book at a time.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)