blog

HFT / Benefits of elitist liquor

12:04:00 AM

In a long, excessively wordy post last weekend, I talked about my new-found love for wine. I blabbed about the brands that I liked as well as the ones I wish to try, about how wine is an aspiration for greater things, about education, sophistication, and elitism.

Pour
(photo from the internet)
I said a lot of things, but I still forgot to share one of the reasons why I like wine: health benefits! Even in ancient civilizations, wine has been used for various medicinal purposes. It was used an antiseptic for treating wounds, as a digestive aid, as a cure for various ailments, and even as an anaesthetic.
It's been going on for quite a while now
(photo from the internet)
Wine is basically fermented fruit juice, and the most common fruit used for wine production is grape. Grapes are a rich source of resveratrol, a chemical compound that acts as an antioxidant. Antioxidants combat the damaging effects of free radicals, which are the natural by-products of oxidation in the human body.
Plump and juicy
(photo from the internet)
Since wine is made from grapes and grapes are rich in resveratrol, wine is a very good source of antioxidants. That being said, regular and moderate consumption of wine is good for your overall health (emphasis on moderate!).
I really don't get it but it looks... scientific
(image from the internet)
Research conducted by various independent associations reveals that wine can help reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer's Disease, colon cancer, kidney stones, blod clots, atherosclerosis, cataracts, and brain decline. Again, I'd like to emphasize that consumption must be moderate.

But if you insist on getting drunk, wine could help you with that, too. It has higher alcohol content than beer, which means you don't have to drink as much to get wasted. Drinking less, in turn, means less calories! Yay! :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)