bargain

UM / Compromise

12:00:00 AM

I'm not particularly fond of wearing florals. Don't get me wrong - I like looking at floral prints because they remind me of summer, my absolute favorite season of the year. But I just can't seem to pull the look off. I'm not sure why not, but I'm guessing it's my less than effervescent personality. Haha!

Sundress
But with every rule, there is an exception, and this dress is exactly that - the only piece of floral-print clothing I actually managed to wear without looking like a complete idiot. Perhaps it's the overall dark color that balances out the floral print.
Sunflowers
I bought this dress in Guadalupe, Makati (click here for the post with the store information) for Php80. It was actually two sizes bigger, so I had to have it altered so I don't look like I'm swimming in it. The fabric is cotton, so it's very comfortable to wear. The belt gives the dress some shape.

Crazy segue: When I was in the fifth grade, I read a story called "Isay, The Sunflower Girl" (it should be obvious why it stuck to me, but just in case you didn't get it, my name is Isay - so there's the mnemonic). This dress reminds me of that story, and for a few moments, I let myself think that I'm the little Indian girl who saved her tribe from hunger by growing sunflowers. Haha! :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)