blog

FTF / Getting inked for real

12:00:00 AM

I finally did it! I finally got a tattoo! I've wanted one for the longest time now, and I finally mustered the guts to walk into a tattoo parlor and get it done. I didn't exactly plan for it; it just happened. I went to SM Masinag to buy a birthday present for Ana (of The Running Belles), but instead of walking out with a paper bag, I left the mall with a permanent mark on my left arm.

Fineline Tattoo in SM Masinag
The shop Fineline Tattoo, located on the third level of SM Masinag, is owned by tattoo artist Butch Bautista. Mr. Bautista is quite the celebrity in the tattoo world. And his clients are equally illustrious - former Philippine President Fidel V. Ramos is one of them! How cool is that? But the guy who actually did my tattoo is his apprentice, Kevin.
Stencil
My office mate Karen advised me to go to the tattoo parlor with a printout of the design that I want. In a previous post, I shared that I've already decided on eudaimonia in the original Greek script. The artist made and applied the stencil transfer, which he used as a guide for the actual tattooing.
Equipment
Before he started, the artist showed me the needle he was going to use. I'm not afraid of needles; I was always the brave kid in line for injections when I was younger. But the tattoo needle was quite big, so I braced myself for the worst. 
Start
I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it wasn't as painful as I expected. Of course there was pain - after all, my skin was being repeatedly pricked by a needle, and at quite a high speed. But it was tolerable. The artist said that the pain is more intense in bony areas. My left arm was a great canvass because it had just the right amount of flesh.
Happiness
The tattoo has been well-received by my friends, so that's a good sign. My father's concerned that I'm no longer eligible to donate blood, but when I explained to him that I am never going to be eligible anyway because of iron deficiency, he belatedly consented. Funny story - my boss's son, Michael, saw my tattoo two days after I got it. He asked me if his Dad had seen it, and I said, "Maybe not, because I'm not fired yet." 

P.S. The entire process took only an hour of my time, and it cost me Php1,500.00. I also bought a special care cream for Php150.00, which I had to apply three times a day for the next five days. If you're thinking about getting a tattoo, I highly recommend this studio. You may contact Butch Bautista at +63 (2) 211.85.20, or email him at butchtat2@yahoo.com.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)