birthday

Happy birthday to me

12:00:00 AM

Today's my 26th birthday! Happy birthday to me! Yay! :)
Just for today, I'll have my cake and eat it, too.
(photo from the internet)
Anyhow, my friend Hannah is the inspiration for this post. She put together a list of the things she'd like to do before her 25th birthday, and she really made most of them happen. It makes perfect sense to set a deadline on the things you'd like to do, because then you'd actually be pressured to get them done. 
I should have a list just for TRAVEL.
(photo from the internet)
Below is my version of that list - a Pre-27 Bucket List. I've actually started working on this list since November 1, 2012. Given the length of this list, I think I deserve the additional lead time of two months. :)  
Before I Turn 27
(image from the internet)
  1. Read 27 new books.
  2. Watch 27 new movies.
  3. Try 27 new wines.
  4. Complete Simbang Gabi at the Church of the Gesu.
  5. Blog Monday to Friday for a year (weekends optional).
  6. Write a new story.
  7. Put together a portfolio of written work.
  8. Sell an original composition to a record producer.
  9. Sing at a gig.
  10. Finish the short film adaptation of Smitten.
  11. Pay off credit cards.
  12. Save.
  13. Invest in stocks.
  14. Buy a cue stick and get your groove back.
  15. Borrow Ruther's bass guitar and amplifier and re-learn to play.
  16. Buy a mobile phone.
  17. Buy a coffee press.
  18. Go to Baler.
  19. Go to Cagbalete.
  20. Go to Dapitan.
  21. Go to Sagada.
  22. Go back to Dumaguete and Siquijor.
  23. Get a Fully Booked Discount Card through receipts.
  24. Run 10K.
  25. Run 21K.
  26. Ask someone out.  
  27. Go on one of Carlos Celdran's tours. 
I'd like to fill this bucket with life experiences.
(photo from the internet)
My list this year is a good mix of easy and difficult things to do, although most of these are quite easy since it's my first time to do this project. I also need to be realistic about what I can do within a span of a year. And I want my 27 By 27 List to help me build my momentum for my lists in the coming years. There's a lot of things I'd like to accomplish, but some just require more time and preparation. That being said, I'm going to make a separate list with a longer work period.

Wish me luck! And if you ever want to take on a list of your own, good luck to you, too! :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

2 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)