blog

HFT / Caffeine addiction is good

12:00:00 AM

I'm one of those people who can't start the day without coffee. When I get out of bed, I rush to the kitchen and make myself a cup. When I get to the office, I make another before I even turn on my laptop. I especially like coffee when I'm writing something, like I am now.


For the record, I am not a coffee connoisseur. I know they don't all taste the same, and I like some coffees over others, but generally, they're all fine with me. I like a lot of milk (or non-dairy creamer, if milk is not available) in my coffee, and adding sugar usually depends on my mood. Most of the time, however, I just settle for instant coffee. It's not as good as its brewed counterparts, but it gets the job done.

The 'job,' obviously, is to wake me up. Coffee does an outstanding job in keeping me alert when I absolutely have to be. It also helps me stay perky and happy even when I'm stressed at work. But those are just superficial benefits. This beverage can do so much more for you than just keep you awake.
It's ALWAYS time for coffee.
(image from the internet)
Scientific research has proven that regular consumption of caffeinated coffee can help reduce the risk of certain types of cancers like basal cell carcinoma and prostate cancer, type 2 diabetes, heart attack and stroke, Parkinson's Disease, and even Alzheimer's Disease. Based on a number of studies, the good consumption range is between one to three or four cups a day.

Oh, and a note to those people who tend to 'bloat' when drinking a lot of coffee - the calories come from the trimmings, not the coffee itself. So I suggest skipping the milk, whipped cream, and sugar. But if you can't take your coffee straight, then ask your barista for non-fat milk and artificial sweetener (Splenda is my brand of choice). 

Have another cup! :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)