blog

HFT / Running in UP

12:00:00 AM

Although I  lived in Katipunan from 2003 to 2007, I never really went jogging in the University of the Philippines (UP) Diliman Campus. I wanted to, but the sheer size of the grounds discouraged me - I didn't want to get lost. Besides, I had my own school where I could run, and I knew the place like the back of my hand.

But as it turns out, running in UP is an experience that any half-decent runner in Manila should try! A part of the main road has already been blocked for walkers, runners, and cyclists, so you won't have to worry much about getting hit by speeding vehicles.

Ah, those trees! :)
It was actually my friend Hannah who got me into this. She's the same friend that I'm training in swimming every Sunday at Philsports Arena (formerly Ultra). Running is also in her pre-25th birthday bucket list. We started last October so we can both prepare for the 10K category of the 2013 Condura Skyway Marathon!

Actually, I'm semi-training her for it. I say 'semi,' because I'm not really a qualified trainer. I'm a running newbie, myself. So basically, I just pass on to her the things I learned from my own trainer (it's a pay-it-forward thing). :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)