books

The game

12:00:00 AM

For the longest time, a number of friends have been telling me to watch Game of Thrones. I was already following other television series, so I kept putting it off even I've had the complete first and second seasons in my computer.

Move over, LOTR.
(image from the internet)
I told my friend Andrei that Game of Thrones is 'not my thing' when he asked me why I didn't watch it. His reply was simple - 'if you watch it, it will become your thing.' So on one random weekend, I finally relented. And when I was done with the two-season marathon, I remember thinking that Andrei was right.

It has become my thing.

Much has already been said and written about the series, so I'm not even going to try to churn out a proper review. And I don't really want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen the show yet. So I'm just going to post photos of characters that really stood out for me, and briefly explain why. Here goes:
The Imp
(photo from the internet)
Truly, Tyrion Lannister is one of the few who truly understand how the Game of Thrones is played, and he's playing it damn well. Although his size says otherwise, I think The Imp is the biggest character in the series.
Arry
(photo from the internet)
Growing up, I was actually quite the tomboy so I see a lot of myself in Arya Stark. She was denied of a proper childhood. She's often too brave and too smart for her own good. Arya is one of the characters I'm watching out for in the next season.
The Mother of Dragons
(photo from the internet)
She's only starting to come out of the shadow of the men in her life, but Daenerys is proving to be a strong one. I'm a bit worried about her, though; she has the heart and the firepower to claim the Iron Throne her father once sat upon, but not the political savvy to keep it.
The Queen Regent
(photo from the internet)
Cersei is one deeply-conflicted character, I must say. She's far from good, but Cersei cannot be easily dismissed as completely evil. This makes it difficult to predict her next move.
The Bastard
(photo from the internet)
Well, obviously the actor is cute (and we share the same birthday, too! How cool is that?), but that's not why Jon Snow made it to my list. He's an outcast, but a good-hearted one, and that's why I'm routing for him.

I'm one of the millions of people eagerly anticipating the third season. I'm actually planning to read the books when I'm done with my current reading backlog. I hope George R. R. Martin finishes writing everything already by then (I hated the wait between Harry Potter books back in the day).

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)