blog

FTF / Kogi Bulgogi

12:00:00 AM

Before we were roommates, my friend Pauline and I would often meet up in Eastwood for a cup of coffee or tea, or a glass of wine. Since we usually meet up quite late, with 8pm usually being the earliest, we rarely have dinner together. But when we do, we eat good food. And I usually rely on her to pick the restaurant and order our food, because she instinctively knows what's good even if it's her first time somewhere.

Kogi
I can't remember when, exactly, but a few months back we had met up for dinner in Eastwood and ended up eating in Kogi Bulgogi, a Korean restaurant. I will admit I was hesitant; I am not really a fan of Asian cuisine in general. Filipino food aside, I am most comfortable with Italian cooking. I find Asian cuisines a bit strange, and because I'm not an adventurous eater, you can't really expect me to willingly try.
I don't know what these are.
But Pauline is a force to be reckoned with, and she managed to drag my sorry ass to this Korean spot. She ordered an appetizer set composed of things I am absolutely unfamiliar with. She wasn't sure what those things are, either, but unlike me, she's not afraid to try. She expertly sampled each one, and she picked out one that she feels won't shock me to the point of walking out of there.
Yummy
Soup is a safe bet, and the one she ordered was quite yummy! I can't remember what it's made of; I just hungrily sipped the broth and the noodles while completely disregarding the meat, which was still attached to the bone. Yes, I was too lazy to wrestle for a piece so I just settled for what I could easily eat.
Wrap
The last thing she ordered was actually quite complicated. It's a do-it-yourself beef and rice wrap, and it was a challenge to keep the whole thing together because it just falls apart with each bite. In the end, we settled for eating the rice and the beef with chopsticks. However it's eaten, it tasted the same, so it wasn't a problem at all.

Although I was quite the semi-unwilling participant at this dinner, I did leave the restaurant full and satisfied. This dinner was Pauline's treat. So the after-dinner tea at UCC Park Cafe was on me. :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)