blog

MW / Infinite playlist

12:00:00 AM

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist is another movie based on a book. I want to read the novel, but so far, I've been unable to find a copy. So for now, I'll just have to settle for the film version, which, since the first time I saw it, has become one of my favorite light-hearted movies of all time.

I'm actually a fan of Kat Dennings; I love her in 2 Broke Girls and in Thor. She's not your average Hollywood actress. For starters, she's full-figured! She embraces her curves; she's not trying hard to fit the stick-thin mold. And her sharp wit makes her even sexier than she already is.

Best Movie EVARRR
(image from the internet)
And Michael Cera is just as awesome. He played the part of the shy and awkward lovestruck guy perfectly in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. His dual role in Youth in Revolt was absolutely hilarious, as was his turn as the young and unwilling baby daddy in Juno. And after seeing this movie, I'm officially in love with him!

But today is Wednesday, so I'm going to stop fangirl-ing now to focus on the music. Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist is the awesome movie that it is largely because of its soundtrack. The 15-song compilation is an indie music lover's dream mix.
The Jerk Offs, a.k.a. The Gay Band
(image from the internet)
The last song in the album is Nick & Norah's Theme by Mark Motherbaugh. It's an instrumental track, and I find that it just matches the tenderness of a budding relationship between two tentative young people. The progression in the song reflects the movement in the story, itself.
Ah, the joys of that first date. :)
(photo from the internet)
My personal favorite is After Hours by We Are Scientists. I love that song so much that there was a day when I listened to it on repeat for three whole hours, making it the most overplayed track in my iPod! I know that sounds weird, but I think that the song merits that kind of love.

And speaking of love, Devendra Banhart's Lover is just downright cute. I especially loved that they used this song for Nick and Norah's first dance. It's cute and perky, but if you listen closely enough, there's a line that's actually quite inappropriate. As for the ending, The Real Tuesday Weld's Last Words sealed the deal for me; it closed the film perfectly.
 The best part. Awwwwww :)
(photo from the internet)
Other tracks include Speed of Sound (Chris Bell), Ottoman Couch (Vampire Weekend), Fever (Takka Takka), Riot Radio (The Dead 60s), Xavia (The Submarines), Our Swords (Band of Horses), Silvery Sleds (Army Navy), Baby You're My Light (Richard Hawley), Very Loud (Shout Out Louds), and How To Say Goodbye (Paul Tiernan).

If you've not seen the movie, I suggest insist you grab a copy and watch it now. And if you're an indie music aficionado like me, then you should have the soundtrack on your iPod, too!

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)