blog

FTF / Isawisay burger

12:00:00 AM

Some time last year, I found myself in Makati at lunch hour after a particularly taxing morning meeting. I was supposed to go back to the office right after, but I figured I was already there so I might as well have lunch first. I called up my friend Andrei, whom I've not seen in over three months. I worked with him in Plantersbank. We joined the team at about the same time, so we went to the new employee orientation together.

He's one of those people that I really got along with during my stint in the bank. I would often hang out in his office, and we'd spend the afternoon talking and laughing and talking and laughing. Funny thing is, about six months after I resigned, we bumped into each other in Yabu! He was having dinner with his lovely wife, Jen, and their friend, JoTe, and so I joined them.

This way.
Anyway, back to Makati, I called him up and luckily for me, he was free! We met up at The Burger Project along Jupiter Street. He was actually there with his team, so he treated all of us to lunch. I insisted on paying for my share, but Andrei being Andrei, he just had to foot the bill! I've never had to pay for food when I'm with that guy! Haha! :)
I love this blackboard! :)
The Burger Project is not just about the food; it's about the experience. You go to the counter and grab a clipboard with the sheet of paper with the list of ingredients you can choose from. You decide what goes into your burger - from the kind of patty to the cheese to the vegetables to the dressing - and you even get to name it!
The Isawisay Burger
I called my burger Isawisay, of course. It's a huge burger, though, so it took me a while to finish the whole thing. I won't say what went in it, but I'm quite proud to say that it's pretty good albeit a little plain (me and my safe taste). I'd like to go back and experiment more with the cheeses and dressings, for a change.

Too bad I was so busy eating and catching up with Andrei that I wasn't able to take a lot of photos. But a lot of other bloggers have written about this restaurant, so just Google it! If you're a burger person, then you should swing by The Burger Project ASAP! :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)