blog

FTF / Movie set restaurant

12:00:00 AM

Late last year, my friend Hannah and I met up in Cubao for dinner. She was my host when I went to Dumaguete, and it was the first time we were going to see each other since we got back. Cubao was the halfway point between our city homes, so it was practical and fair to meet there. 
How very Italian
She brought me to Bellini's, this cute Italian restaurant in Cubao Expo (formerly Marikina Shoe Expo). The place is actually quite famous in the local blogosphere for serving good food, but it got even more popular after the film One More Chance was released. Bellini's was the favorite hangout of the group of friends in the movie.
The Orange Cake was lovely. 
For the record, though, Hannah said she didn't bring me there so I could see where the film was shot. We were both craving for pasta, and since there aren't really a lot of options in the area, Bellini's was a good bet. For starters, I liked the food. I wouldn't say it's 100% authentic Italian anymore. You can taste the strong Filipino influence already, but I'm okay with that. The prices are reasonable, too.
I said I was craving for pasta. This is their marinara. 
Delicatessen
Over dinner, Hannah and I talked about how we've been in the months we haven't seen each other. I was being my usual animated self, talking with my hands as well as my mouth, when it hit me. I suddenly understood why the restaurant was chosen for the film. The place is comforting.
Enter
It's a shame I wasn't able to take a lot of photos of the place. My camera was running low on juice when I went. But if you want to see it, just Google it and you'll find what the other bloggers took. The place is far from minimalist. It's a hodgepodge of Italian art and architecture. At the entrance, they have a replica of the Leaning Tower of Pisa!
Colosseum pop-up
There's a pop-up on the wall of the home in Verona where Romeo and Juliet fell in love, and of the Colosseum. The walls are filled with replicas of famous paintings of Italian artists. It's actually a bit dizzying if you're used to plain spaces, but I didn't mind it in the least.
In fair Verona
I wouldn't say that Bellini's is a date place, but I'd definitely recommend it for a get-together with friends. The servings are big enough for sharing, and it's always nice to be surrounded by culture while eating and talking.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)