blog

HFT / Makati run

12:00:00 AM

I've been running for over a year now. I've run in a lot of places already, and my asbolute favorite is Dumaguete! There's something about running there, underneath the moon and stars, enveloped in fresh, crisp, salty air. But since I don't live there (yet), I can only fantasize about that place while running here in the city.

Eastwood is too cramped for me, so even if it's convenient for me to run there, I go to other places to run. The University of the Philippines-Diliman and Ateneo campuses are among my favorites, but Legaspi Village in Makati City is on the top of my list. I ran there for the first time a few weeks before the 2013 Condura Skyway Marathon in a last-ditch effort to prepare.

I had a meeting in Makati for a certain project. Thinking that it will end early, I brought my running gear with me. We ended close to 10pm, but I was running out of time to condition myself for the marathon, so I still ran. I changed clothes in Cyrano, and then I took off.

Breathing room in the city
(photo from the internet)
Running in Makati was just lovely. There are a lot of trees in Legaspi Village, so the air was quite fresh. The sidewalks are wide, and more importantly, even. The buildings make me feel like I'm in New York! Since it was late, there weren't a lot of cars anymore, so crossing the street was not a problem. And there were a lot of other runners, too.

January is a nice time because it's really cold. I will admit I was not sufficiently covered up; I was wearing a tank top and shorts! But being in the cold just made me want to keep running in order to stay warm, and by the time I was cooling down, I was literally smoking!

One of these days, I think I'll go for a nice, long run on the other side of Ayala Avenue, in Salcedo Village, and in Ayala Triangle. I know that sounds a bit impractical considering I live in Quezon City, but I'm sure it's worth the trip.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)