debrief

It's all one big conspiracy

12:00:00 AM

My friend Jerry made me watch Zeitgeist, a documentary film by Peter Joseph. Released in 2007, the three-part film asserts three big conspiracy theories. The reactions to these films are quite mixed, but it did win the Best Feature Award in the Artivist Spirit category of the 4th Annual Artivist Film Festival, which is dedicated to recognizing the activist efforts of filmmakers.

Interesting, to say the least
The first theory is that Jesus Christ never existed. I am not religious, but even I found this part a bit difficult to digest because I was raised as a Catholic. Heck, I even went to Catholic schools, so I know the Bible as well as the next Christian person. But like I said, I'm not religious. For what it's worth, I do believe in a Higher Power; it's only the subscription to religion that I'm not a fan of.

The second theory is that the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon were not perpetrated by the Al Qaeda terrorist group. According to the film, the attacks were orchestrated in order to make Americans fearful enough to justify the War on Terror. If the assertions are correct, then the US Military sacrificed over 2,000 lives for a piece of legislation.

The third theory is that extremely powerful and moneyed families have started wars to make more profit. I like the part where they claim that income taxes are unconstitutional! Being a corporate slave, a huge part of my income goes to the government pockets of corrupt politicians, and I hate that I'm paying for their luxurious lifestyles.

Before clicking the Play button, Jerry warned me that the film will blow my mind, and I have to say that it most definitely did. I find that the most convincing arguments are those backed up by solid research, and are presented in a direct, concise, and unemotional manner. The whole movie felt like a news report, and that gave it much more impact, at least for me.

I wonder how I'll take the film if I watched it on weed. I don't do that anymore; I'm just curious.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)