blog

MW / Musicians getting married

12:00:00 AM

Last December, I got a last-minute invitation to my friend Tom's wedding to his lady love, JV. They had a garden wedding in Antipolo, and it was beautiful. They're both musicians, so it wasn't surprising at all that the theme of their special day was The Beatles era!

It's cute how both man and wife were crying as they read their vows. It was heartwarming, and I was happy to be there even if it meant missing the company Christmas party. Tom was so funny - he actually asked his Best Man to read the last two lines of his vows because he couldn't keep himself from crying! Adorable!

Congratulations!!!
(photo borrowed from Tom's Facebook page)
I loved the small details. The table numbers were some iconic Beatles photos, and the ones we had were the cover images of the albums Let It Be and Abbey Road. And they also bought magazines from the 60s. I browsed through the pages, and the advertisements were hilarious!
Abbey Road
Old
The ladies were asked to wear beige, so days before the wedding, I was running around Makati to look for a dress. Luckily, I found one on sale! Haha! I didn't have time to go to a salon to get my hair and makeup done, so I just tied my hair up to a half-pony tail, put on my favorite red lipstick, and polished the look with pearl earrings and high heels.
Shot!
During reception, I shared a table with our common friends, Mally and Ian. It was there that I met Ian's brother Allen (bassist of SinoSiKat, and his girlfriend, Michelle (for the second time, actually). Allen and Ian are so different that it took me a while to believe that they're related.

Ours was a fun table! Allen brought a bottle of Stoli, from which I got a couple of shots. And when we were done with that bottle, we asked one of the waiters to run outside and buy us Emperador Light, which we paired with the wine that was served to the guests.

I know this is super late, but as they say, better late than never. Congratulations, Tom and JV! I wish you two a happy married life! :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)