blog

FTF / Another bed-jumping night

12:00:00 AM

When I travel, I'm not very particular with the hotels I'm staying in. For as long as the room has a bed, ventilation, and a working lock, and there are no cockroaches and mosquitoes inside the room, I don't mind cheap accommodations at all. Most of my time will be spent outside the room, anyway, so I see no point in wasting money.

But every now and then, I don't mind being in beautiful hotels with great beds. Being kuripot (stingy), though, I'm not the type who would spend thousands of bucks for one night. Luckily for me, I get to stay in nice places, free of charge, because of work! I attended a conference in Thailand in 2008 for SMX, and for three nights I stayed in Holiday Inn Bangkok.

One time, I got to enjoy an overnight stay with breakfast buffet at the Makati Shangri-La with a friend. And since working for Selecta, I've been billeted at Pico Sands Hotel (Hamilo Coast, Nasugbu, Batangas), twice at the Casitas of Peninsula de Punta Fuego (also in Batangas), the Manila Marriott Hotel (Pasay City), and my personal favorite, Crimson Hotel (Alabang, Muntinlupa City).
Lobby love
My first visit to Crimson was only for a few hours; I had to attend the Sponsors' Briefing for the Condura Skyway Marathon. I liked everything about the hotel! The lobby had nice water fixtures and touches of green. I also liked the ballroom where we had our meeting, and more importantly, I loved the food! We were served heavy cocktails and pastries, and some really good coffee.
Grand  ballrooom
PM snack
My second visit was definitely better than the first one, because I got to stay overnight! I checked in for the Selecta's ingress for the 2013 Condura Skyway Marathon (I ran in the 10K category). I loved the room I got. It's on the 14th floor, and I had a great view of the venue for the marathon expo. As I did the week prior, when I was checked in at Makati Shangri-La, I jumped up and down the bed before I left.
Hotdog pillow
Nice view
After the run, I had one of the best showers ever! I'm a sucker for big shower heads that make me feel like I'm in the middle of clean, warm rain. It's actually one of the perks I enjoyed when I was still with the college swim team; the post-workout showers are incredibly relaxing. Too bad there wasn't a tub; it would have been a nice idea to go for a long soak. 
No tub, but it's fine
Aside from the shower, I needed sustenance after the run. And boy, did I get what I wanted! The long buffet was an absolute treat, and me being me, I made the most of it. I went straight for the bacon, but I did have generous servings of almost everything else, as well. Haha!
Half the buffet
We checked out at around noon, after which I headed over to my friend's apartment for celebratory drinks. I even managed to show up at a Sunday meeting for a side project I've been working on with some friends. That was 48 hours well-spent. :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)