blog

HFT / Getting ready for another run

12:00:00 AM

In my Pre-27 Bucket List, I set two running goals: to run 10K, and then 21K. I'm already done with the former; I joined the Condura Skyway Marathon last February. I'm planning to run 21K late this year, perhaps in the Rexona Run, just so I would have enough time to prepare for it. I wasn't really planning on joining any other fun runs in between. But when I walked past adidas in Greenbelt 3, I found myself registering to the 2013 adidas King of the Road (KOTR)!

I'm all in, too!
(image from the internet)
The event has two major categories for adults- 10K and 16.8K - and I signed up for the latter. I almost went for 10K again, actually. But then I realized I already conquered that, so it's time for a new challenge; 16.8K is actually a good way to get ready for my 21K. The longest I've run so far is 12K, and that's on a treadmill inside the gym. This means I need to start training now, if I'm going to survive adidas KOTR on July 7!
Singlets
(image from the internet)
Race kits will be given out July 1 onward, and that's something I'm really excited about. The singlets I got from all the running events I've joined so far are either blue or white or a combination of the two colors. For adidas KOTR, I'm getting a pink singlet (I actually wanted either red or yellow, but those colors aren't available in lady sizes). I tried one on while at the store, and it's quite flattering, I must say! Haha!
From last year's KOTR
(photo from the internet)
I have a little over a month to get back in fighting form, and I'm planning to combine running and yoga. I mildly sprained my ankle last week, so I need to be very careful especially since I'll do most of my training in Eastwood. My new office mates are actually joining this event, too, which is awesome! I feel as though I never left Selecta. I'm trying to get them to train with me, and I promise that I will try to be a good trainer to them, just as Peter is to me. 

P.S. If you're interested to join, you may register online (click here to be redirected) until June 23. Or you may visit any one of the registration sites in adidas stores in the following malls: Greenbelt 3, SM Mall of Asia, SM Megamall, Rockwell Power Plant Mall, TriNoMa, or Two Parkade. You may also sign up at Runnr in Bonifacio High Street. On-site registration is open until June 30. The race fee for 10K is PhP1,100.00, and PhP1,300.00 for 16K.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)