blog

HFT / I used to be a scarecrow

12:00:00 AM

I guess everyone knows what a scarecrow is: it's a man-like figure made of hay dressed in human clothing, perched on a stick in the middle of fields to discourage birds like crows from feeding on the crops. Scarecrows are hollow, just like some human beings are, physiologically speaking.

It's been a month since I started working in public relations, and the stress is getting to me. Don't get me wrong, I love my job. However, my body is no longer what it once was - I am no longer as young and as resilient as I was before. During my heyday in SMX, I would go to work at 8am and go home at 3am, and be back in the office at 8am again for the Philippine Fashion Week. I was 23 then.

Now that I'm 26, my body is no longer equipped to handle that kind of stress. But stress is a part of everyday life, and if I'm to survive, I need to make changes. As much as I can, I try to squeeze in exercise into my schedule. I try to eat healthier foods, although that could prove to be difficult sometimes because let's face it, junk food is everywhere. To make matters worse, I still smoke.

To complement my minimal health efforts, I drink Wyeth Nutrition's Enercal everyday. I'm not really the type who likes taking multivitamin supplements, so this is a good alternative for me. It has the right mix of 28 essential nutrients (which they aptly called Nutri-Life Plus), which is what active people like myself need to sustain a hectic lifestyle.

Grown-up milk
(photo from the internet, only because I threw out the box already!)
I've only been drinking it for two weeks, but I've felt the difference. I have more energy now, and I no longer experience the afternoon slump (when you feel really sleepy after lunch). And before, when I get home, I barely have enough energy to fix my stuff. But since I started my one-glass with breakfast Enercal habit, I can still do things like running errands or going for a jog or just reading my books before I hit the sack.

Enercal has become a staple in my diet now, and I highly recommend it for people who want to stay healthy despite a highly-stressful lifestyle.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)