blog

FTF / Lost in translation

12:00:00 AM

A few months back, my friend Luckie invited me to have dinner with him in Makati. Like me, he used to work for Selecta, although he left a few months before I did. We had dinner in a place called Balkan Yugoslavian Kitchen, a restaurant in Perea Street in Legaspi Village. 

I actually had a hard time finding the place. I'm very familiar with Makati (it's my second home, you see), but the restaurant's signage was written in another language - Yugoslavian, I assume (Haha!) - so I actually walked past it twice. I had to call Luckie, ask him to step out, just so I'd find it!
I don't speak the language
Nice and spacious
Balkan is actually quite spacious, and there weren't a lot of people when we were there so it was quiet enough to let us have a decent conversation. We had a lot of catching up to do, so that was definitely a big plus. 
Quite delish, I must say
The food was very, very good. I ordered some sort of chicken kebab, although I don't know if that's what they called it. The portions were big and I got so full that by the time I was done, I had to remove my belt so I could breathe! 

I wouldn't say that Balkan Yugoslavian Kitchen is a date place, but it's perfect for hanging out with your friends and family. :) 

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)