advice

Give yourself the gift of gratitude

12:00:00 AM

It's July 1, 2013, a Monday, but today's post will not be about thrift shopping. Half the year already flew past, and with so much going on in my life, I hardly even noticed. It's been an amazing ride so far, and I'm extremely happy. I hope that the streak continues all the way to the end of the year, to set me up for an even better 2014.

The list in my head
(image from the internet)
There are moments when I just fall into some sort of trance, overwhelmed with gratitude. In that state, I try to figure out how things have changed, how I have changed over the span of a few months. I came to the conclusion that I'm a very lucky girl. I don't want to rub it in people's faces or something like that, but I really think am. 

I am the daughter of the most amazing woman who ever lived. I have incredible friends who accepted me completely but still help me become a better person. I have an exciting and well-paying (albeit stressful) job. I'm also exploring other opportunities on the side, some of which fell on my lap, and others, I got through people I've connected with. 

A part of me believes that there are divine forces in play here, making the changes happen, for which I'm grateful. But a bigger part of me thinks that my gratefulness is the reason things are changing in the first place. I've decided to adapt the mindset that I have everything to be thankful for, and therefore nothing to bitch about. 
Love this infographic!
(image from the internet)
That idea came from a good friend, actually, and it helped him get rid of his anxiety attacks. As for me, I've been generally happy, despite the stress at work, despite being exhausted. Someone even commented that even when I'm ranting, I'm still smiling. Haha! I can't help but smile because I have been incredibly blessed, and I know it. 

Friends, I hope the first half of your year has been as good to you as it has been to me. But if it has not, then it's not too late to turn things around. Start by giving yourself the gift of gratitude. Feel it, live it. If you let it, it will change you, it will change your life. 

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)