blog

HFT / I just might

12:00:00 AM

I grew up in the province, a place not nearly as dangerous as it was in the big city. So when I had to move back to Metro Manila for college, my father got a bit paranoid. He urged me to enrol in a martial arts course for my physical education elective, so I could learn basic self-defense. Although I didn't think it was necessary because I stayed in a dorm across the school, I indulged him.

And I was glad I did, as I enjoyed the class a lot. It was there that I learned how to kill someone with a pen, how to break free from the grip of a much bigger person, and (my favorite) how to throw a proper punch. I never quite got the chance to follow through on martial arts because I was preoccupied with swimming then and with running now, but FITBOX TechnoGym just might be the push I need to do that.
With Manny Pacquiao daw o! :)
Back story: I can't remember if I ever mentioned it on this blog, but in case I didn't (and just to save you the effort to backtrack), I'm part of a start-up creative project. It's all still hush-hush for now, but I'm allowed to say that we produce content for various communications platforms. I'm lucky to have been drafted for this, and I'm having the time of my life working with the team!
Cardio
I handle the different requirements of our productions such as venues, props, styling and make-up, and even food for the talents and the crew. The first shoot I was in charge of was the one with Ellen Adarna (she's so pretty!). Our concept was boxing, so I scoured Makati for possible venues. A friend referred me to FITBOX, and upon walking in, I was convinced that it was the best location for our shoot.
Strength
FITBOX is  a fitness center that speicializes in boxing, Muay Thai, and mixed martial arts. Gerry, one of the owners, gave me a tour of the place. The facilities are well-maintained (I particularly appreciate the single-user bathrooms!), and the equipment are top-of-the-line. The trainers are boxers and fighters, themselves, so they're qualified to coach anyone who works out at FITBOX. One of them even looks like Manny Pacquiao! :)
Boxing
After finishing 16.8K in adidas King of the Road 2013, I was already thinking of a new sport to try, and boxing was in my list. It's practical to take up a combat discipline so I could defend myself if the situation calls for it, and although I already know the basics, it won't hurt to learn more.

I'm out of shape (I've put on some extra pounds on my face and my tummy). My schedule has been insane as of late, so I have yet to squeeze in a trial workout. I hope I get to go really soon!

FITBOX TechnoGym is located on the second level of Plaza 100 Building, #100 V.A. Rufino St. cor. Dela Rosa St., Legazpi Village, Makati City. For inquiries, call (02) 551.0626 or email support@fitbox.com.ph. For more information, visit www.fitbox.com.ph or www.facebook.com/fitboxtechnogym.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)