blog

FTF / Hit me with your best shot

12:00:00 AM

One random Sunday, I attended a short course called Defensive Handgun Intro at Artemis Defense and Security Solutions in Binan, Laguna with instructor Shraga Gold. Shraga used to be with the Israeli Special Forces, and I have to say that he definitely looks the part!
The mandatory photo op with my instructor, Shraga!
Anyway, the course started with a lecture. We were a class of six, and I was the only girl, haha! Shraga talked about the responsibilities of gun owners, as well as the gun control laws in the Philippines. To be honest, I'm not really inclined to buy a gun because aggressive as I could be sometimes, I actually don't believe in violence.
Safety instructions are a must!
Shraga demonstrating gun handling
But it's good to know how to use one in case I find myself in a situation where I have to fire a gun for my survival. After the eight-hour course, I felt empowered. I felt safer, even. I'm not being cocky - I still wish I never have to use a weapon to defend myself, and I'll take measures to avoid that - but at least now, in case I absolutely have to, I can.
Not bad for a girl!
Anyway, after the lecture, we did actual shooting, and it was actually quite fun! Shraga noted that my problem was that I sometimes tend to squeeze the trigger too hard, which causes me to lose aim. The gun was quite heavy for me, which is why I resort to gripping too hard just so I won't drop the weapon.
Me and my course-mates! :)
Aside from that, though, I think I did quite well. Most of my shots were right on target, and Shraga was happy with the result. The whole class did well; Shraga was an effective teacher, and he really knew what he was talking about and doing. I think he's also doing a Krav Maga class, and I really hope I could attend that!

For more information about safety and security courses, please visit www.artemisdefense.com, or check out their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ArtemisDefense.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)