blog

HFT / Red is the new healthy

12:00:00 AM

Peter, the man who introduced me to the music of Tchaikovsky, the same man who makes the world's best chili, who bought me my last glass of wine for 2012, who took it upon himself to train me for the marathon, told me that I shouldn't eat rice. I made a face when he said that, so he followed up with this statement: "But if you must eat rice, go for organic red rice."
Make the switch!
(photo from the internet)
So after finishing my stash of white rice, I switched to red and I never looked back. It was one of the best food decisions I have ever made in my life. It's more expensive than white rice, but it's definitely worth the price tag.

If you're trying to lead a healthier lifestyle, you don't have to do too many big things all at once. You can do things little by little like I did, so you don't get overwhelmed. You can start by substituting good stuff for the bad or great stuff for the good. If you're a Filipino who, like me, cannot live without rice, start by switching from white rice to red rice.

Red is the new healthy, and red rice is the shizz. The primary difference between red rice and white rice (aside from the color, of course) is that with the former, I can have more than one cup and not feel bloated. With white rice, one cup makes me feel uncomfortably heavy. Another thing (and I apologize if this is oversharing), it has helped a lot with my digestion, primarily because of the fiber content.

Just in case you need more reasons to switch, you can go online to find various articles that enumerate and scientific studies that prove why red rice is the healthy choice for you.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)