blog

HFT / Shortest workout ever

12:00:00 AM

I stumbled upon an online article about the Seven-Minute Workout, which is all the rage in the exercise world right now. I got curious so I read more about it, and as I did, I grew more convinced that I should try it. It's simple enough in the sense that I don't need to invest in any equipment, except for a mat and a chair, both of which I already have. I downloaded a free guide, and I tried it for the first time a week ago.
It's not as easy as it looks.
(image from the internet)
It's among the toughest workouts I've done as of late. The routine may be short, but it's crazy explosive. By the time I was doing the abdominal crunch, I was already sweating like a pig. By the time I got to the planks, I was close to giving up. It's a good thing I did the workout before I had anything to eat (and I only had half a glass of water when I woke up), because I'm sure I would have thrown up.

Since last week, I've done the routine only twice, so I can't personally vouch for its effectivity just yet. But after both workouts, I really did feel the burn. My muscles were a bit sore, especially after the first time, but I guess that's also because I haven't been exercising much lately. Maybe I need to do this consistently for about a month or two in order to really see and feel results.

I intend to do the 7-Minute Workout twice a week - on Tuesday and Thursday mornings - because one of the articles I read said that's all you need anyway. Besides, I have yoga on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and on weekends, I run at least 5K or I do plyometrics (P90X). Yes, I'm back to where I was when I first signed up for gym; I suddenly got motivated to shape up. I'm trying to build better habits for a healthier life, so wish me luck! :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)