blog

LT / My writing instrument of choice

12:00:00 AM

Despite being a computer-savvy blogger slash corporate slave, I still write a lot of things by hand. Don't get me wrong - I like computers, and I think I'm perfectly capable of adapting to technology - but there are just some things that I don't want to change. Call me old-fashioned (I've been told countless times that I'm an old soul), but the flow of ideas from the consciousness to the hand to the writing instrument to the paper is more organic than typing.

Last week, when I talked about how I'm addicted to nice notebooks, I failed to mention that I am just as addicted to nice pens. Although I'm not the type who couldn't write without a very specific kind of pen (well, not anymore, haha!), I still have my preferences. I grew up with pencils, and when I hit high school, I shifted to tech pens and I've used them ever since. When I started working, I experimented with felt-tipped pens, and I have a stash of those, too.
The pen is mightier than the sword.
But my current favorite - the pen that rules them all - is my trusty fountain pen. Well, okay, maybe it's not exactly 'trusty,' in the traditional, functional sense, since it always gets inkblots on my hand and on my notebooks, and I always have to carry a refill cartridge with me. However, when I have a creative writing requirement, it seems as though the fountain pen facilitates my thinking process to the point of unblocking the flow of my words.

What about you? What's your writing instrument of choice? :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)