advice

A life without regret

12:00:00 AM

Jerry shared an article titled Top 5 Regrets of the Dying on Google+. Written by Susie Steiner for The Guardian (UK), the piece outlined what people in their deathbeds would have liked to do differently, if given the chance to change their lives. Below is the list:

1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I hadn't worked so hard.
3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
Live and regret nothing.
(photo from the internet)
Friends, I am far from wise and I know it, and I have a long way to go before I can consider myself such. But from what little experience I have, allow me to share with you a few pieces of advice:

Live on your own terms, in your own way - a way that makes you happy in your own skin. Stop worrying about what other people will think - you are the best you and the second best anyone else.

Work, but don't overdo it. You work to live and not the other way around. Don't stress yourself too much over bills and other responsibilities; just have a little bit of faith and things will fall into place.

Don't let anyone, yourself included, make you believe that what you feel is invalid. You feel what you feel, and you have the right to not just to feel it, but to express it. Be happy, be sad, be crazy, be mad - let it all out. For as long as you don't hurt people in doing so, always feel free to express how you feel.

Make time for yourself and for those you love. I know I sound like a hypocrite, being both a loner and a perpetually busy person, but in my defense, I make time for those I truly care about. I don't have that many friends, I'll admit. But the ones that I have are for keeps, and I do my best to remind them of just how important they are to me.

And most importantly, give yourself permission to be happy. Believe it or not, your happiness is in your own hands.

May we all live our lives and end it without regret. Cheers!

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)