blog

LT / A new story

12:00:00 AM

More than once it was pointed out to me that the story of my life is sitcom material. Heck, even I said it before; transcripts of conversations of The Wild Bunch would fit right into an episode of Two Guys and a Girl or something. See example below:

Fake Twin: Hey, I didn't know you were staying that long in Boracay!
Me: Yeah, I am! I'm having so much fun under the sun, and my skin's really dark already!
Fake Twin: That's okay, sis. Black people have rights, too.

Cyrano Alex came up with the title, after I told him about this conversation one random morning in the apartment: 

Me: Hey, sorry, I just woke up so I wasn't able to make breakfast.
Flatmate: It's okay. (Reaches for a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter. That's what spreads are for (sung to the tune of "That's What Friends Are For.")
Me: F*ck. It's too early.

As soon as I said that, Alex's face lit up and he said, "That's what we'll call the sitcom! It's Too Early!"
Start.
Okay, so I don't know if Alex will follow through on the sitcom, but I decided to start writing a new story. The last one I wrote was Pieces of Tea, in my junior year of college - eight whole years ago. I think it's about time for a follow-up. At the time I'm writing this blog post, I've already typed up about a page of the story - single-spaced, Century Gothic 10.

I'm writing it only with characters in mind. I don't have a plot in mind per se; my process is that I let the characters evolve on their own - I have respect for their natural progression. I wonder how it will go. Wish me luck!

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)