bargain

UM / Malatapay adventure

12:00:00 AM

If you're my friend on Facebook, or if you follow me on Twitter and Instagram, you would know that I visited Dumaguete again this year! I was there from June 2 to June 9, and every single day of it was awesome, thanks to my pseudo-twin/great friend/host Jerry, and his equally awesome friends, who welcomed me to the fold. 

Among the highlights of my trip were a quick trip to Malatapay, Zamboanguita for the lechon. I got to try it the first time I went to Dumaguete (when I headed to Apo Island), and when I was planning this second trip, I begged Jerry to include it in the itinerary. It's only available on Wednesdays, which is their Market Day. It's the best lechon I've ever tasted.  
Oh, my arteries!
Anyway, I learned that there was an ukay-ukay shop in Malatapay, too! I don't know if it was introduced to their Market Day after my first trip, or if it has always been there but I just failed to notice the first time I went. So anyway, next to Baguio, the ukay-ukay in Malatapay has to be one of the most comfortable shops I've had the pleasure of walking into. 
Mountains and mountains of clothing
Bargains galore
Because the area was open, with tents erected to protect shoppers from the sun, the usual ukay-ukay stink was not strong at all. Even at noon, it didn't feel stuffy at all, mainly because the wind was blowing gently from all directions. Also, it was a throwback to the real ukay-ukay experience of "hukay" or digging through piles and piles of clothing. 

If you ever visit Dumaguete, block off Wednesday in your itinerary for Malatapay Tabo! :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)