bargain

FTF / Ramen run - Malate leg

12:00:00 AM

A little over a year ago, I wrote two entries about my so-called ramen runs (1 and 2) with my friend Alex, co-owner of my favorite wine bar, Cyrano. For some reason, after those two trips, I didn't eat Japanese ramen for a little over a year. It's not that I don't like it, because I do. I guess it's partly because I didn't hang out in Cyrano as much after the second run, and partly because it's kinda expensive.

Lately, though, I've had four ramen runs in just a little over a month - and I even went on vacation in Dumaguete for an entire week - because my friend Gian Romano introduced me to Erra's Ramen - the awesomest cheap ramen in all the land - in Malate, Manila. My life has never been the same! Haha!
It's not even a "hole in the wall." It's a fracking CART.
(photo from the internet)
I will admit that when I went there the first time with Gian, Lendro, Miggy, and Ian, I had my doubts about the ramen. Heck, I was even afraid that I might suffer food poisoning again (I'm extremely prone and/or extremely unlucky). But I've already had a little to drink, so I was both too tipsy and too hungry to not dig in. It was my best decision ever, as far as ramen is concerned.
So gooooooood
(photo from the internet)
I've always been upfront about not being a legitimate foodie, so I'm not even going to try to say anything about the ramen other than it's delicious and cheap. Really cheap. A bowl that could easily cost you Php300 in a Japanese restaurant only costs Php50 here.
Crazy cheap, right?
(photo from the internet)
One random evening, I decided to bring my friends from DEFTAC Pilipinas, Alfred and Franco, to Erra's Ramen. They loved it so much that they went on a ramen run without me (I was vacationing in Dumaguete, though, so I didn't feel so bad about it, haha!)! They even brought other people there, too. It's become for us the ultimate post-workout (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for them, boxing for me) meal!

And one time, Franco and Rain picked me up from my condo at 4am just for ramen! Crazy, eh?

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)