blog

HFT / Act like a lady, train like a beast

12:00:00 AM

So I recently picked up boxing. Finally! I've been thinking about it for a while - a long while, to be accurate - since we did that Ellen Adarna video. And my goodness, I am completely in love with it now! My first session was last June 18, and every fiber of my being really hurt so bad that I just had to go back to the gym on June 20 for the follow-up session.
Heavy
Wraps
My friend Franco loaned me boxing gloves, so I just bought myself a pair of quality wraps to protect my hands. I'm going to buy my own gloves on my next big payday - I already know where to get them! :) Training in boxing has been awesome, mainly because I'm in the right place - BAMF Mixed Martial Arts Center, where I'm being coached by champion boxer Vincent Palicte.
Solo afternoons! :)
Coach Vincent is an awesome trainer - he knows what he's doing, he's very patient with newbies like me, and he's very encouraging - he makes it a point to tell me when I'm doing a good job. On my first session, I was suffering from leg cramps (because I was in heels all day long), and from stomach cramps (because it was the first day of my period, darn it!), so he adjusted the routine accordingly.

He did push me in the succeeding sessions, and instead of wanting out, I actually craved for it more! I've been training almost thrice a week since I started, and I don't have any plans of stopping soon. I've actually managed to reduce my smoking since then, too - and I'm really, really proud of that! To complement my training, I've also cut down on my favorite vices: alcohol and junk food.

I'm really taking this journey seriously; for all we know, this could be the start of my new sporting career - just kidding! Haha! But seriously now, after swimming, I did running, so boxing is what's next for me. I'm going to train like a beast, baby! (And for intervals, I'll still do yoga.)

If you're interested in training with Coach Vincent, drop by BAMF! I think it's only Php250 per session - that includes instruction and use of the gym. See you there! :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)