blog

LT / Ode to Dumaguete

12:00:00 AM

I said it before and I'll say it again: writing by hand is a creative process in itself, regardless of what you actually write (I apologize for quoting myself; I am a pompous prick). For this reason, I never EVER go on a trip without my trusty journal. Whether or not I'm able to actually carve out time for writing in my itinerary is irrelevant; what's important is that I'm always, always prepared in case I get inspired. 
By hand.
I'm writing this post June 8, 2014, in Harold's Mansion in Dumaguete City. I'm currently experiencing the worst case of separation anxiety; I'm flying home tomorrow, but I really don't want to leave this island. As much as I want to just abandon everything in Manila, I am a responsible enough person to know that I can't do that. So with a heavy heart, I'm packing my bags, and then I'm buying pasalubong and other bilin.
You inspire my creativity.
Dumaguete will always hold a place dear to my heart. A number of posts in this very blog are stories about my travels to this part of the world. It's that one place I go to for writing - I fly here when I can, but when it's not a possibility, I close my eyes and imagine that I'm in a coffee shop facing the boulevard, with a cup of joe, writing a story by hand on my tattered journal.

Maybe, just maybe, I could take up my Masters in Creative Writing here. I mean, where else should I take it, anyway?

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)