blog

MW / Jeff Buckley obsession

12:00:00 AM

I've been a fan of American singer, songwriter, and guitarist Jeff Buckley since my college days, but it's only lately that I've really obsessed over him and two of his songs - Last Goodbye, and Lover, You Should've Come Over. These songs have just made it to the top of my dream covers list, and if I could sing them with half as much soul as this guy could, I'd die happy.



The lyrics are so raw and emotional that my heart breaks a little every time I listen to these songs. From Last Goodbye, my favorite verse is:

Kiss me, please kiss me
Kiss me out of desire, babe, not consolation
You know it makes me so angry, 'cause I know that in time
I'll only make you cry, this is our last goodbye

And from Lover, You Should've Come Over:

When I'm broken down and hungry for your love with no way to feed it
Where are you tonight, child, you know how much I need it
Too young to hold on, and too old to just break free and run

And his voice just oozes pain, and that makes the songs eerily beautiful. Rolling Stone Magazine labeled Buckley as one of the greatest singers of all time, and I agree. He has that voice that makes you stop whatever you're doing so you could simply listen. I'm not going through anything in the love department, but that's the thing - you don't need to feel your own pain because his voice sends you his. 

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)