blog

HFT / Fight Factory Manila

12:00:00 AM

A few weeks ago, my schedule got so crazy that I missed my usual Wednesday workouts at BAMF MMA Center. Luckily for me, though, Franco brought me with him when he trained in Fight Factory Manila in Greenhills. While he rolled on the mat, I threw punches on the ring. Yup, I finally got to box in a ring! :)
Ring time!
My instructor's name was Harold, and much like Coach Vincent, he's a good teacher. However, the difference between the two is that Coach Vincent knew me better - he knows that I have workaholic tendencies, that I'm anaemic, and that I don't get a lot of sleep, so he's a bit more considerate when he notices I'm starting to get tired.
Bags
Harold didn't know those things about me, so his assumption is that I'm in good shape and I'm there to work my butt off. Which I did, even though I was a bit under the weather at the time (I had slight fever when I woke up that morning). I struggled a bit on the ring; the soft surface meant my feet sank a bit with each step, which then requires me to exert a little more effort to move around.

The combinations made the workout fun for me - Harold really mixed things up! But I got exhausted easily. I only completed three rounds, and I would have been very disappointed in myself if I didn't have fever that same morning. After the first round, I was already sweating like a pig (glad I don't smell like one, haha!).
Flash!
Before the workout ended, we did some ab workouts similar to what Coach Vincent would make me do, but with small variations. The results were the same, though - I felt a lot of real pain in my abnormally short torso the following day. But I'm not complaining, because that's how I know I can expect results after a while! :)

Since Franco and I still had to go to Plato Bar (near La Salle) for Raveolution (his brother Jr and my friend DJ Mark Nicosia invited me), I took a shower at Fight Factory. I love that they have one of those big shower heads that I'm such a sucker for! I must've been in the bathroom for half an hour because by the time I was done, Frank's workout was over, too! Haha!
Check this out!
For people who may find BAMF MMA Center at tad too far, Fight Factory in Greenhills is a great option! It's on the second floor of One Beverly Place in Annapolis Street. They offer boxing, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, muay thai, and MMA at really good rates. Enjoy!

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)