blog

LT / Book sale find #132

12:00:00 AM

Okay, so it's not exactly my hundred and thirty-second find, and it's also not a piece of literature, but this is still a book and it's definitely one of my favorites right now because of its content and because it cost me a measly Php45:
The water of life. Appropriate.
My new-found like for whisky is actually because of my friend slash landlord Jerry's influence. When he got back from a trip to Korea earlier this year, he brought home a bottle of Laphroaig, a really badass single malt whisky, and I liked it a lot. A number of my Cyrano friends are also whisky aficionados, and every now and then I get to try really good ones when they're sampling bottles at the wine shop.

If there's one thing I learned, it's that you don't drink fine whisky to get drunk - you drink it to taste it, much like wine. My wine phase is actually over; I've been abstaining from alcohol for the most part. But every now and then, I do indulge in whisky, and I challenge my palate to detect the different hints of flavor in the drink. Some are smoky, others are oaky. Some are dry, others are smooth. There's so much more to it than just the alcoholic content, and I'm intent on learning its complexities.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)