blog

My life, as a series of fortuitous events

12:00:00 AM

It is because of the influence of my favorite author of all time, Milan Kundera, that when I reflect on my life at any given moment, I always think of the fortuitous events that have led me to where I am. And it never ceases to amaze me when I look back at what brought me here.

Two years ago, I was on my way back to Manila from a business trip in Punta Fuego, Nasugbu, Batangas when I got the text message from my friend Gershwin, telling me that his wife, Ava, had given birth to their second son, Asher. As the Best Man of their wedding, I had already said yes when he asked me to be one of the godmothers, so after I dropped off my stuff in my condo (it was in Eastwood at the time), I headed straight to the hospital to see visit the family.

As I was in Makati, I messaged my friend Jerry to meet me after work for a couple of cold ones. He said yes, so I thought I was set for the evening, but at the last minute, he cancelled because of some work emergency. So there I was, in the middle of Makati on a Friday night, with nowhere to go. I decided to walk along Palanca Street, and at the end of the street, I found Cyrano.
It certainly did.
(image from the internet)
I walked in, and everything changed from there. I met Alex (and a lot of people thereafter, including Peter, my adopted white father slash marathon trainer who makes a smashing chili), who then recruited me to become Managing Editor of Seven VIP, the team that produced the Ellen Adarna Exercise Video, a certified YouTube viral hit! Through the same team, I met the people from the mixed martial arts group AFC, and through them, I landed in URCC as a project manager.

Actually, the fortuitous events started way before the night Asher was born. I went through a breakup, which was awful for a while but the free time I gained with being single opened one too many doors for me. And because I didn't have to worry about a partner, I was quite free to explore what life had to offer. I got back to singing, I've done a lot of work, I traveled, I got to try boxing, and now I'm involved in MMA. It's amazing, really - everything that's happened to me since 2011.

I'm grateful beyond measure for the Universe's antics that brought me here. I'm happy where I am, but I can't wait to know what's still in store for me.

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)