blog

HFT / Attaaaaack!!!

12:00:00 AM

When we were in the middle of our preparations for ACC 2014, I had a scary episode with asthma. Actually, I'm not sure whether I ought to refer to it as an asthma attack or as an anxiety attack because I think it was triggered by work-related anxiety. I was just quietly working on my computer when all of a sudden, I started hyperventilating.
Fraaaaack.
(photo from the internet)
I haven't had an asthma attack in YEARS. Years, people! I remember the last one was when I was a college freshman, and it was triggered by the smell of fresh car paint. I don't even own an inhaler anymore because I really believe that I don't need one anymore because even if I'm still quite sickly, I don't get attacks anymore. I guess the pressure, the lack of sleep, the smoking, and the unhealthy diet finally took its toll on me.

For a few minutes, I got really scared - people have died from asthma attacks because they weren't prepared. Luckily for me, it was only a mild attack, and before I knew it, it was over. I didn't have the strength to run to the kitchen to grab a brown paper bag, so I just cupped my huge hands over my face in order to regulate my breathing. It worked.

What did I learn from this experience? Well, for starters, I should take time off to meditate, so I can get rid of anxiety. I should try to get as much sleep as I can. I should cut back on smoking. And I should eat right. And oh - I should always be prepared. Just because I haven't had an attack in years, it doesn't mean I could walk around without an inhaler, or at the very least, a brown paper bag!

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)