blog

HFT / Refresh and detoxify

12:00:00 AM

When Frank and I went to Dumaguete, we didn't really have the means to cook, so we had our meals all around the city. I took him to all the best places I knew, including Hayahay (Lab-as Restaurant), Sans Rival Bistro, the Tempura Al Fresco area along Rizal Boulevard, Flaming Grill Cafe, and of course, Cafe Mamia!

Last June, when Jerry hosted my trip, breakfast at Cafe Mamia was a staple for us! My favorite meals there are the tapsilog, the tuna melt (I just have to tell the wait staff to remove the pickles), and of course, budbud with mango! :)

But there's this new addition to the menu that I've come to love as much as I love budbud with mango - the cucumber and calamansi shake with honey! Frank and I were there for a late dinner after watching Ampalaya the Musical. The patrons from the other table ordered the drink, and the wait staff carrying it walked by us. We got curious, so we asked what it was, and then we ordered one to split between us.
This drink kept us coming back to Cafe Mamia! :)
It. Was. Delicious. So delicious that we went back for it the next day.

And it was healthy, too! For starters, it wasn't very sweet, so I'd guess they used just the right amount of honey for it. The calamansi juice provided not just flavor, but some good old vitamin C. Cucumber is 95% water, but they're also a good source of B vitamins as well as cancer-fighting chemicals. I read an article that says it also promotes joint health, and relieves gout and arthritis pain. Not bad for a refreshing drink, eh?

When I find the blender in the condo, this is a drink I'll definitely experiment with! I don't have the recipe of Cafe Mamia, but since I already know the ingredients, it shouldn't be too hard. :) If you want to try it, too, here's a recipe I found online:

1 tray of ice cubes
2 cucumbers
1/8 cup of honey
2 to 4 tablespoons of calamansi juice

Just dump all the ingredients in a blender! And when the drink is smooth enough, pour yourself a glass and enjoy! :)

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)