blog

LT / Letters to the woman

12:00:00 AM

A little over a month ago, I was in Cebu for the Asian Carriers Conference 2014. It was a really exhausting but also really fulfilling experience, and I'm very grateful to have been part of the project. I arrived Sunday night, and all I had time for was work until Friday night. My down time finally started on Saturday, and I made the most of it, of course.

I did some laps in the pool and I also took a dip in the white sand beach. I wasn't able to soak in the tub in my room, but it's okay because I took long, luxurious showers throughout the week. And when everyone else in the team left for their respective afternoon activities, I decided to stay in the room to have some quiet time for writing.
Senti much?
The stationery of Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa was just wonderful, and so I got really excited to write. I decided to write a letter to my Mom.

Our client for that project is PLDT, the same company my Mom worked for most of her life. I got to chat with some attendees and as it turns out, a number of them actually knew her (and my godfathers, too!)! It made me so happy and giddy until I realized that picking up my phone to call Mom isn't really an option anymore.

So I wrote to her. I told her about the event, and then some. As I was writing on the balcony overlooking lush greens, I took a photo, which I posted on Instagram and Facebook. On the Facebook version, I got a comment from my friend Eros - he gave me the idea to write and compile letters, and then publish a book.

What an awesome idea, eh? So right then and there, I decided that I'm going to write to my Mom whenever I travel! And maybe I'll have a book in a year!

isawisay

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Hello, reader! Thank you for wasting your time reading my blog. I do hope you enjoyed whatever you stumbled upon. :)